Friday, September 21, 2007

Another year has come and gone...


On Wednesday I turned 21. Big whoop. Tuesday at midnight, I bought two bottles of tequila, went over to Sigma Nu with my roommate and a friend from AOΠ, and promptly drank the night away. I officially understand how annoying it is when you buy alcohol and everyone else finishes it before you even get a sip. Before I could even bat an eye the first bottle was gone.

To be honest with you I don’t even like drinking. I mean, it is fun on occasion and it can add flavor to a meal, but on the whole I think it is highly over rated.

I feel fortunate enough to have already passed through my “lets get wasted!” phase. I’ve been 21 for 2 days and I still have yet to go out to a bar.

To be honest with you I have no clue what I am trying to say here. Life is super stressful right now and being 21 has just escalated that stress. I’ve had at least five people approach me with their thoughts on how wonderful it is, for them, that I am now 21. My turning 21 means that these people have to only walk to the next room to find someone old enough to buy booze.

I am not confrontational in the least and I am still struggling with the best way to say, “No way in hell would I ever buy you alcohol. Ask someone else”. The girls who have made these comments are barely legal and ridiculously immature. Most of them have a horrible track record of doing stupid and idiotic things while being intoxicated. What makes them think that I would ever promote their bizarre behavior by purchasing them alcohol?

I need to stop expecting things from life and people. Every time I have expectations, high or low, I am always grossly disappointed. I expect a lot from the world and even more from myself.

I really don’t know what I am trying to say, so I’m going to stop here. Come back in a few days and maybe I will have fixed this mess of irrelevant and unrelated thoughts.

No comments: