Monday, October 15, 2007

Shut it

I do not have a problem admitting that I am a freak.

I require complete and total silence in order to focus on my homework. Sometimes, even the sixth, seventh and eighth floors of the library are too noisy for me to focus.

This is the very problem I am facing now. To escape the Monday night festivities at my house – where right now there are about 50 plus people – I decided that I would head to the library with the intentions of catching up on some of my long over due homework. My only other option is driving to my parent’s house in Santa Cruz, which isn’t quite so budget friendly.

Well, all was going quite well until these two men decided to sit at the table behind me. They will not shut up! Don’t they realize that whispering non-stop is just as bad as talking at full volume! Seriously guys, there are “loud” floors in the library if you really must talk while studying!

I would love to turn around and let them have a piece of my mind, but I know that that would not be a wise idea. First, I would be acting hypocritically and secondly they don’t appear to be bugging anyone else.

People who can focus on homework despite the goings on around them amaze me. I don’t get it. I hope all of you realize how lucky you are.

No comments: