Monday, November 12, 2007

DeeZee Land, the Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, a large portion of our house, 43 girls, drove down to Anaheim to visit the wonderful world of Disney. Easily, it was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time.

We stayed at a little roach motel that was, simply stated, disgusting. It was all right though, because now it is a great memory. The “continental breakfast” consisted of old burnt coffee, cheep orange juice and pastries still in the plastic. It was set up on two folding tables in a dingy little room, which used to be the front office.

The motel was just a few blocks from Downtown Disney, where my car mates and I spent our first evening. We hungrily made our way through Downtown Disney and decided to rest our weary bones at the House of Blues. What a mess that place was! The hosts were mean and didn’t know the first thing about customer service, the creepy bartender had a haircut that looked like it cost more than my entire wardrobe and our server left much to be desired and finally, the food was horrific. Our server knew we were Delta Zetas, he said that girls had been coming in all evening.

Usually, there are bands playing at the HOB, but not tonight. Instead, my sisters and I got lucky – we had the best DJ ever. There was a song list and request form sitting on the table when we sat down which was the prelude to an amazing first evening.

We requested more music than any other group in the restaurant. We started the party. My little and another girl rocked the dance floor. If it had not been for them, no one would have gotten out of their chairs to dance.

We made it back to the hotel around 1 am and I was up by 6 the next morning. I don't know how I was able to make it through the day, but I did and, wow, what a day it was!

We were in line and ready to go at 8 am. Our day was full of adventures! We chased Captain Jack Sparrow around the park, got yelled at by some old guy in line for Pirates of the Caribbean, we were harassed by a 9 year old girl while we were in line for Big Thunder Railroad and I ran over some girl while running to Toon Town. We saw Josh Groban singing in front of the castle and discovered that the majority of the people who visit Disneyland are not the happiest people on earth - despite being in the happiest place on earth.

Despite the set backs we experienced with grumpy and unhappy people, we had an amazing day. Hands down, our group had more fun than any one else in the park. I do not care if we were obnoxious and drove some people crazy - we were able to let loose and enjoy the last sane weekend of this semester. After riding Indiana Jones, another man who had been on the ride with us told my group that we had "made the ride", what a complement.

No comments: